“Today, Saturday 28th Nov, fascists were humiliated in York by strong opposition from across the Left, with our local antifascist activists fulfilling a key role. Antifascists occupied the planned site of the fascist protest, at the Railway Worker’s War Memorial, and were swiftly joined by other groups. Despite police interference attempting to disrupt our actions and clear the site for fascist use, we stood firm and held the memorial for the whole afternoon. Despite boasting a supposed 3,000 supporters online, the fascists were barely able to muster a dozen bodies and were quickly thinned by the light rain. This ragged band of racists were handily outnumbered by our strong counter-demo, which saw them matched 5:1. Spirits in the antifascist camp were kept high with chants of “there are many, many, more of us than you” and “get those nazis in the sea”, as the rising frustration amongst the fascists left them demoralised and ultimately leaving with their heads hung low and their tails between their legs. Once again we have shown that fascism will be opposed wherever it rears its ugly head. In the midst of the refugee crisis and with recent atrocities across the world, it is more important than ever that we take to the streets to confront those who seek to divide the working classes in our universal struggle against the oppressive systems we toil under.”
- Anti-Fascist means Anti-Imperialist
- Happy Pride! TERFs Out!
- All Out Against Tommy Robinson – Report from 7th July
- Report back from Free Tommy demonstration, 23rd June
- Statement from Leeds AFN re: Free Tommy march on 7th July 2018
- Call-out: Oppose the EDL in Keighley and Bradford, Saturday 2nd September
- Leeds Resistance Training at Physical Resistance in Brighton
- Public Meeting Outcome
- Public Discussion & Film Night – How Do We Combat Racism and Xenophobia on Our Streets?
- Vigil for Jo Cox and victims of fascist violence